This weekend was so special. Jen came to visit, flying down on Friday, and then Mom and Dad drove up on their way back from FL on Saturday. Friday was Dad's 50th birthday - hard to believe since he looks and acts so young! I absolutely love watching my family enjoying Caitlyn. They are all so good with her, and she loves each of them. She is enamored with Grandpa - I think she likes his beard! And she loves to snuggle up with Grandma after a yummy bottle. And of course she loves Aunt Jen too and can't wait for her to move down here for good!!




On Sunday, we had Caitlyn dedicated. All the most special people in her life were there, at least as many as we could fit in the house! It was incredible to have everyone there to support her and pledge to help raise her to love God.




And then of course, the SUPERBOWL! Go STEELERS!!! :) What a game that was - I made the mistake of saying that I wanted it to be a more interesting game when the score was 20-7, and boy did I get my wish! :) I'm just glad they pulled it out in the end.




Last but not least in my very newsy post, we had the follow-up visit with the surgeon today. We actually saw Dr. Skinner instead of Dr. Iacono, and he was really great too. He sat down with us and took a lot of time to explain the second surgery. AND we went ahead and scheduled the reconnection surgery for March 5th, just one month away!!! I can hardly believe it. Caitlyn weighed 12 lb. 10 oz. today, and tomorrow she is 8 weeks old. So she has gained almost 2 lbs a month since she was born! She is really putting on some weight, and is starting to get some cute fat rolls and an adorable double chin. We are so in love with our beautiful daughter, and I am feeling a huge sense of relief to know that we have an end in sight.




It was an incredibly long day today - I will write more about that tomorrow, because I'm getting ready to head to bed. But I wanted to post a couple pictures from the dedication Sunday - thanks Josie for sending me these!