So this is kind of strange, but I have to say that smelling Caitlyn's head is one of my favorite things to do. She smells so sweet, and I can't help but cover her in kisses whenever I hold her. She is in a really sweet snuggly phase, and often just wants to be held close against me. I am only too happy to comply. :) I think she probably gets at least 200 kisses a day!

I am still in awe at my beautiful daughter, and can't believe how much my life has changed because of her. I feel like I was truly meant to be her mother, and that this is the most important calling I have had in my life so far. I am so thankful that God gave her to us, challenges, imperfections, and all.

Side note: I am returning to work again tomorrow, and while I love my job and believe in the work I'm doing, it is so much harder than I thought it would be to leave Caitlyn every morning. I am so thankful that Matt is able to stay home with her - he is truly a wonderful father and husband. I love you honey! :)


This picture captures a lot about our little family to me. Matt and I work together as a team to care for our daughter, and have been holding on to each other and to God through our marriage and through the last three months especially.