So today was a wonderful day. We had a great time at church for missions Sunday, and I only(!) had to get up and leave with Caitlyn 3 or 4 times! There was a visiting missionary from Athletes in Action today, and after the service we were talking with him. When he saw me with Caitlyn he said, "Oh, so you're the one with the squeaky baby!" Yup, that's my baby!! She (or maybe it's me) is not ready yet for the nursery, but it will probably be good when she is. I will actually be able to listen to a sermon all the way through. Regardless, it feels great to be back in church again after so many months away. We just didn't want to risk Caitlyn getting sick before her second surgery, so we kept her at home. And now that she's healthy and past that critical period, I feel a lot better about it. Plus, cold and flu season is almost over. Anyway, I am very thankful for our church family and am happy to be back.
This afternoon, Matt let me take a nap while he tried to get Caitlyn to take a nap too. Very much appreciated, Matt! I was just telling him today how different sleep is now. Used to be that my favorite guilty pleasure was sleeping in. Now, I consider an 8 am wake-up call sleeping in. Of course, I also used to be able to roll out of bed and leave the house in 30 minutes or less. Now, it seems like 2 hours isn't enough time!
I feel like every day I am learning more about the mom thing. Like how you always need to take at least one extra change of clothing for the baby (and ideally for you as well) in case of blow-outs or spit-up. Or how you should always have the clean diaper ready to go BEFORE you take off the dirty diaper. (This morning I was moving too slow and I got pooped on THREE times. Good thing I still appreciate the fact that Caitlyn can poop at all!) Or how just when you are getting ready to leave the house for church in the morning, the baby will pee/poop/spit-up all over her adorable outfit and make you late again. So make sure you are up two and a half hours before you need to leave, and don't put her special outfit on until you're ready to walk out the door. I guess most of my schooling revolves around bodily functions. Funny how that works!!
Enjoy some cute pictures of Caitlyn in the adorable dress from Josie! Thanks Josie! :)



Matt catches some shut-eye while watching golf with Caitlyn.

We wrapped up the relaxing day by continuing the "International" theme from church and ordered in Chinese food (yummy!) and ate it while watching America's Funniest Videos, Matt's all-time favorite show. Of course, we fully intend to have Caitlyn on AFV someday!
Have a great week everybody!