So I have recently acquired a new addiction to saving money. Yup, I am a coupon addict. I have spent multiple hours online in the last few days reading blogs dedicated to couponing and thought I would share some of my awesome deals with you, along with the blogs I got the info from.
Here is my awesome shopping trip from today at Walmart. Matt and I have for the most part stopped shopping at Walmart due to problems we have with their labor practices etc. (see the documentary "Walmart: The High Cost of Low Prices" for more info). However, I figure if I can get most of the things on my list for free from my coupons, then I'm not really supporting Walmart. What do you think?
Anyway, here are the great deals I got
(1)Lysol wipes $2.62-$1/1 coupon = $1.62
(4)Knox gelatin $1.32-$4/1 coupon = $2.68 overage (x4)
(4)Johnson's buddies soap $.97-$2/2 and $3/3 coupons on Johnson's product = $.12 overage
(1)Desitin $3.26-above Johnson's coupon = $1.62
(1)Glucerna cereal $3.94-$5 Coupon = $1.06 overage
(1)4pk Gillette razors $5.97-$2.00 coupon = $3.97 or $1.00 apiece
(1)Freschetta pizza $5.00-.75 coupon = $4.25
(1)Lysol kitchen cleaner $2.14 - $.75 = $1.39
(1) Lysol toilet cleaner $2.18 - .50 = $1.68
Plus, I have a $3/3 Lysol mail-in coupon.
So my total at Walmart before coupons was $36.40. After coupons, my total was 8.65, and that includes $1.26 in tax! So this is almost a 75% savings!
Here's a picture of my great haul:

I have to say I was pretty proud of myself, although I cannot take any of the credit. I found all of these incredible deals from some of the blogs I follow. Here are the links to those blogs if you would like to check them out:
http://the-family-schmidt.com (This is Amber Schmidt's blog. She is the one who gave us so much help with Caitlyn's colostomy bag. She is wonderful.)
http://www.tipsbyali.blogspot.com/ (got this link from Amber's blog)
http://moneysavingmadness.blogspot.com/ (got this link also from Amber's blog)
http://likemerchantships.blogspot.com/

Check out these blogs for some really great inspirations and deals! And a million thanks to Amber and these other great women for your tips. I hope this is just the start of my couponing adventures.

And just for fun, here are some new pictures of Caitlyn from today. She has all of a sudden developed great head control, and is starting to tolerate belly time. Have a great weekend everyone!